Souljah + Faggamuffin

FAGGAMUFFIN, A PLAY by Noah's Arc screenwriter John R. Gordon, is being performed Saturday 28th February at the Tristan Bates Theatre:
"If queer is the white man's disease - then explain this... Two Black brothas on the White City estate fall hard and fast - as their world explodes and their souls implode.. a startlingly sexy, politically groundbreaking climax to our festival from this multi award-winning screenwriter and novelist - who has also served as an amazing co-dramaturg for Louder than Words. Big up!"
I've read his not-yet-released manuscript, from which Mister Gordon has adapted the play, and the novel is blistering. The kind of book you just can't put down. So I'm very, very, very excited about the play - so who wants to come? I'm booking my tickets tomorrow, and it's strongly recommended that you get yours ASAP. Faggamuffin is part of a festival of works being performed at the Tristan Bates Theatre, and many of the plays opening earlier than Faggamuffin have already sold out. Gordon was also behind short film Souljah (Best Film, Rushes Soho Shorts). That film is currently touring film festivals. It's very, very good:
"Stanlake is a beautiful 17-year-old schoolboy with a penchant for glittery eye make-up. The drug-dealing teens on his South London council estate don’t approve - they bully him and his single mother relentlessly. Unbeknownst to them, Stanlake is a former child soldier who knows more about combat than they ever will."
You can watch Souljah right now at Rushes Soho Shorts. Brace yourself; it's powerful. Find out about all of the plays being staged as part of the Louder Than Words festival at Team Angelica. Book tickets for Faggamuffin here.

Previously - Review: Warriors & Outlaws

Previously - Review: Jumping The Broom

4 comments:

Kriz said...

If I were back home in England, I'd go. Blog about how it is!

KAOS said...

That'll teach you for jumping ship. ;)

TheatreMad87 said...

God, here I am to comment about wishing I were home to see this, and I'm beaten to it...

I shall second Mr Kriz, though

KAOS said...

I sooooooooooooooo wish you were here too mista! Would be such a lark...

 
◄Design by Pocket