Tolliver

BEATS, RHYMES & LIFE
W  H  E  R  E     W  O  R  D  S     F  A  I  L    ,     M  U  S  I  C     S  P  E  A  K  S


Avant-garde soul singer Tolliver hails from Chicago's infamous "wild 100's" Southside neighbourhood. "The video is about living a low life but making it look glamorous. Hence the gold-painted burger king sammich. The set pieces collapse behind me, the charade is up," he says of new video I Gotchu. "But then I step into my rightful place, claiming my crown, confetti everywhere. I imagine there are half-naked people just out of frame. The overarching theme is no longer being broke, making great art and claiming whatever prize is at the end of the rainbow. The set fell down many, many times before we got that take - the lights were weighing the shit down. Got hit in the head a bunch, was definitely funny the first few times. The burger paint was edible, I ate a good portion of it, I go to Burger King IRL more than I should." His debut EP, Rites, is coming soon.


Unless otherwise stated, KAOS does not claim credit for any of images featured on our site.
The copyright of all images remains with their respectful owners.
If you own rights to any of the featured images, and object to their appearance here, please get in touch.

"Where words fail, music speaks."
Hans Christian Andersen, Danish author, 1805-1875.

K A O S  ©  2 0 1 8

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket