Les amitiés particulières

ART
SKOOL
A  R  T     I  S     N  O  T     A      T  H  I  N  G  ,     I  T     I  S     A     W  A  Y


Les Amitiés Particulières, by Roger Peyrefitte, is the story of an affair between two boys in a Catholic boarding school, and the ensuing tragedy when their love is discovered by a priest. 

The was translated into English, and made into a 1964 film, This Special Friendship, directed by Jean Delannoy. In 1953, Flammarion published a deluxe two volume edition, with illustrations by Peyrefitte's favourite illustrator, Gaston Goor.

Frontispiece, Volume I : Georges and Lucien flanking an angel

Title Page, Volume I : Georges reading a note with Lucien

Volume I : Georges observing the courtyard

Volume I : Georges and André in front of statue of Tarsicius

Volume I : Georges and Lucien at the piano

Volume I : Alexandre, Georges, and Lucien at communion

Volume I : Georges looking at Alexandre through the window

Volume I : Georges and Alexandre in the greenhouse

Volume I : Georges in the office of the Superior

Volume I : Alexandre and Georges in Father Lauzon's room

Volume I : The exchange of blood

Frontispiece, Volume II : Love between Alexandre and Georges

Title Page, Volume II : Alexandre and Love

Volume II : Georges and Lucien in the dormitory with Father Trennes

Volume II : Georges and Lucien serving mass with Father Trennes

Volume II : Maurice, the Superior, and Father Trennes

Volume II : Alexandre and Georges surprised in the cabin

Volume II : Georges remembers Alexandre bathing

Volume II : Georges and Lucien in the dormitory

Volume II : Georges and Alexandre meet near the greenhouse

Volume II : Georges learns of Alexandre's death

Volume II : Memories of Alexandre

Unless otherwise stated, KAOS does not claim credit for any of images featured on this site.
The copyright of all images remains with their respectful owners.
If you own rights to any of the featured images, and object to their appearance here, please get in touch.


K A O S  ©  2 0 1 9

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket