A Season In France

F  i  l  m
i   s
F O R E V E R
I T ' S  N O T  W H A T  A  M O V I E  I S  A B O U T ,  I T ' S  H O W  I T  I S  A B O UT  I T


Two brothers attempt to make a new life in cold and grey Paris, with their futures at the mercy of bureaucrats, in Mahamet-Saleh Haroun Haroun’s compassionate family drama.

Abbas (Eriq Ebouaney) is a migrant from the war-torn Central African Republic. A schoolteacher back home, in Paris he works on a market stall and looks after his two young children (his wife died during their escape). He’s dating a co-worker, Carole (Sandrine Bonnaire), and has applied for asylum, but he’s lacking documentation and as the film progresses his plight becomes more desperate. A parallel story tracks the fate of Abbas’s brother, Etienne (Bibi Tanga), a philosophy teacher now reduced to working as a security guard at a pharmacy and sleeping in a bare wooden hut beside the Seine.  BFI


Unless otherwise stated, KAOS does not claim credit for any of images featured on our site. The copyright of all images remains with their respectful owners. If you own rights to any of the featured images, and object to their appearance here, please get in touch.


K A O S  ©  2 0 1 9

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket