I start a picture and I finish it. I don't think about art while I work. I try to think about life

chesslethe03MoleskineBlack040DreamOlogy04

You've probably seen some of the "spiritual and erotic art" of Ugandan artist Orokie Okoth before. If you haven't, ole Garçon Stupide is here to tell you about. Ain't you lucky?

my__depressionabacus_blueboy1boys

There's much, much more of Okoth's beautiful art at Afriboy - African Male Erotic Art Gallery. Learn about the artist's origins of here. There's a conversation with Orokie here.

abitmoreJustice-or-Treat

Don't forget to visit GayUganda too.

dancethegate014

Title quote: "I start a picture and I finish it. I don't think about art while I work. I try to think about life." Jean Michel Basquiat, American artist (1960 - 1988).

Orokie Okoth 1

5 comments:

Eduardo Guize said...

I feel a little more cultivated now

Unknown said...

LOVE the art work!

Forbidden Light said...

I am madly in love with "Dreamology 4"...I've felt like that on several occasions...

Thank you for exposing us to the arts, this is why I have a crush on you!

A.H. said...

It is good to see you mention Orokie and his art. As the author of the interview you mention, I read your post with interest. You obviously like Orokie's work and selected a broad range to show. (I'm not so sure why you refer to Gay Uganda, however, who has little to do with Orokie, apart from using a piece of his work as an avatar!)
Orokie, as you probably know, has been critically ill, and struggles to drawn and keep his eye-sight. It is sad how he has been neglected by his own blog, which is why I appreciate your mentioning of him. He is an artist of considerable talent and humour. Thanks for profiling his work on your versatile blog which always makes for provocative and witty reading!

Anonymous said...

Hi people,im frm Kenya. I hv reali searchd for Orokies contacts bt to no avail. The last time we talkd waz back in 2010. Im actualy one of his models that he always love to use. can any1 maybe have hs contacts coz the one i hv i gues he doesnt use it any more. U get me using ths email
tonytbag@hotmail.com

 
◄Design by Pocket