So maybe I was hasty

Exactly one week ago I wrote of my disappointment at Barack Obama's comments on gay marriage. I was angry and it showed. But don't doubt that I think he's the best man for the job right now.

I'm not a disciple and I'm not a cheerleader. As Dizzee Rascal said on MTV Base (oh, I'm so high brow), it doesn't matter what colour the President is, as long as he does what a President is supposed to do.

With that in mind, it looks like the man challenged with cleaning up Dubya's mess is making a good start, with this news, and this.

So kiss my battyman Irish ass, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Mister Obama seem to think you're garbage too. Kisses.

And Mister Obama? I'm sorry I called you a jerk. Don't let me down.

Don't let us down.

1 comments:

TheatreMad87 said...

Nice to see you humbly admit so. I had a look at the excerpt, and if you listen careful, although Mr Obama clearly points out his disagreement with gay marriage, he does point out that anything set into law which actively curbs the freedom of others is wrong. He's also stated in several of his campaign rally speeches that he will fight for gay rights issues, alongside those of women's rights and racial equality.

Without wanting to sound too devoid of cynicism, perhaps this is what he referred to as "unnecessary" and was in "opposition" to...?

 
◄Design by Pocket