Obama: Marriage is between a man and a woman

"Is that your bible I can feel, or are you just pleased to see me?"

You've heard the rumours, and now with just a day to go, the news is out: America is about to elect the new Emperor Of The World. They tried to keep it quiet, but we've found them out. Apparently, campaigning has been going on for months.

I'd like to support Barack Obama. Really, I would. It would be great if the President of the USA wasn't an old white guy, just for a change. But what would be really great, what would really make a change, is if the President of the USA wasn't a bible-thumping bigot, clinging to his religion and guided by superstition.

Sadly, whoever ends up getting elected, that's exactly what we'll get. When the winner makes his victory speech, you can bet it'll be "God this" and "God that."

This weekend, Obama had this to say: "I've stated my opposition to this. I think it's unnecessary. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage."

Unnecessary to who, you jerk?

You know, McCain and Palin might be a about a hundred times more ignorant than their Democrat rivals, but at least they're open about their right-wing hatred of The Gays. We know they're the bad guys, we know they're the ones to boo and hiss. But Obama's a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I really don't care who wins tomorrow, Obama is merely the lesser of two evils. And let me make my position perfectly clear: Mister Obama sir, with the greatest respect, you can go to hell.

Biblical enough for you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

With a comment like that from Barrack Obama, you're right - he is the lesser of two evils. Then again, aren't practically all politicians?



You can say what ever you want about him, but there is one thing that separates us on this matter that makes me have almost no choice than to stick with that lesser of two evils while you don't have to.



I live here in the U.S.

The United States of America is my homeland, and it is on the verge of ruin thanks to George W. Bush. Amongst all else I have heard Obama's stands on, if his opposiition to gay marriage is one of the few things I disagree with him on, for the sake of my homeland, I will make it work.

Whathehelle Fontenelle said...

All politics is tarnished, I must wholeheartedly agree, but that is a very strong, negative opinion on Obama, that I feel i somewhat misplaced. Politics should be about the policies not, as it so often is, speculation on independent, personal opinions. Obama did not speak out against homosexuality - he spoke out against homosexual nuptials, something he believes in independently from his party quite clearly. This is not to say that it is an acceptable outlook on life - it's not - but this should not detract from the fact that Obama is still an excellent politician. He has enforced a new way of thinking and thus has lent to progress, change and hope of a better future... He shall be an excellent president, no doubt of that.

KAOS said...

Tré and Ms Fontenelle, let me address you both. I agree almost 100% with what both of you said.

If this is the one difference of opinion that's really jerked my chain, then Obama is doing pretty good. It's just a shame that it's such an important issue.

The article was an initial, perhaps kneejerk reaction to the news, and in saying it's strong and negative - and somewhat misplaced - you're possibly right, Fontenelle. I was angry, disappointed and let down when I heard what Obama had said.

Right now he's the best man for the job; I don't dispute that at all. However, I feel it's important to get a little perspective: amongst all the hero worship and unquestioning devotion, people need to remember that he's just a man; he isn't perfect and nor should he be.

Just before the election, a number of celebrities on MTV were asked what it meant to have black President in the White House. Dizzee Rascal's comment really struck me as the point everyone's missing. He said that it din't matter what colour the President is, black, white, red or purple - as long as he does what a President is supposed to do.

Let's hope this little episode is just a blip on the radar.

 
◄Design by Pocket